Friday, November 10, 2006

Vox Feminae

Not having any access to classical music in my everyday life here in Reykjavík I started to feel rather uneasy about it and all I wanted was a piano to be able to play. At work I heard a split part of a conversation of Helga M. about a concert of her choir. I approached her with the question whether she knew a good choir that I could join. She send me off to talk to Hjalti who's mother is a vocal teacher and singer. Hjalti gave me Margrét's phonenumber and a few days later I stood for the first time within the walls of Domus Vox - Margrét's music school. After a short audition I was accepted to join Vox feminae - Margrét's best choir as she proudly emphasised. I had not really an idea what I was going into. By now I have attended all the rehearsals - the choir is really on a very high standard. We sing pieces of Vivaldi, Brahms, Icelandic traditional songs and as preparation for the Christmas concert in Hallgrimskirkja Chrismas carols. The women in the choir have taken me in very warmly. It is hard work - there are many extra rehearsals and a very full program as Margrét is a well-known person in Iceland and Vox feminae the best women's choir in Reykjavík at the moment. Appart from the Chrismas concert we have auditions for the new CD and DVD, we are invited to Holland for an international choir festival, etc. Again I was very lucky to be able to join this choir!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home