Friday, November 03, 2006

105 -> 101

Finally - I've managed to move from 105 Reykjavik to 101 Reykjavik... well not yet but soon! As most of you know I have not been too happy with my room at this guesthouse. It's not really fun to be paying so much rent and to share 2 showers and 1 kitchen with 18 other people! Soooo, I started organizing... I had all my spies out to look for rooms for me: Gunni, Hjalti, Guffi, Dammy etc. they were all having their ears open for a room for me... But frankly it is not easy to find something cheap downtown.
BUT miracles do happen: As Sascha and Benni are moving home in december, Anna and me put all our charm together and convinced the landlord to rent the house to us (ok - I admit, we didn't need our charm ;o))
So I'm moving out of Þverholt 20 on november 30th.

NOTA BENE: Þverholt 20, 105 Reykjavík only valid til Nov. 30th!!!

From Dec. 1st - 18th I will be largely homeless. Anna is nice enough to be moving to Saschas place so most of that time I will be living next to Hallgrimskirkja at Njarðargata 37. But as Anna's friend from Sweden comes for a visit for a few days I will also crash on Gunni's sofa for a few nights - so that will be a bit of a Gypsy experience for me. What don't you do to save a month rent.
Whatever it takes, everything is worth waiting for the new home at Framnesvegur 36, 101 Reykjavik.
It is this purple house close to the seaside and in the western part of Reykjavík (untill now I was living in the eastern part). This house is now the home to Sascha and Benni. It belongs to a family living in Isafjörður that rents it out to student :o)
It has a small garden with grill, a nice kitchen that I won't have to share with 18 people but only with Anna. There are two bedrooms, a big bathroom AND a livingroom with TV and 90 channels :o) and a eating/reading room! What could be better? It's like paradise! I shouldn't forget that to this house also comes the fact that Anna has bought a Subaru (4-wheel-drive!) - what more can I possibly need? :o)

2 Comments:

At 11:21 pm, Blogger Marina said...

is ja geil das häusle! mit dieser aussicht wär ich auch gern homeless :)

 
At 9:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool, i'd love to go back to reykjavik again and meet you there. iceland is so great! all the untouched nature, the thousands of birds at the coastline, the coolourfull wooden houses in the town-center and the bars with lots of young people.
ivana, i wish you all the best in those dark days!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home