Monday, February 05, 2007

Nightmare...

The last day had come and after the good-bye I entred the train towards Schönefeld Airport. As I sat in the train I realized that the airport was further away than expected. The slower the train went, the longer the way seemed the more nervous I grew about missing my flight. While constantly observing the watch I started up organizing what to do if I was gonna miss the flight. The seemingly endless trip eventually came to an end and I sprinted off towards the terminal builiding. I arrived there 20min. prior the take-off time. Not to my surprise the screen indicated that check-in for Reykjavik was closed. I used my ellbows and boxed my way through the first security check. At the first check counter I adressed completely out of breath the clerk. It must have sounded something like: "Reykjavik.... need to check-in.... urgently need to get that flight... don't care whether my luggage will follow in a months time... NEED to catch that flight..." The clerk looked at me: "The check-in is closed". By now I forgot all my "car-crash", "technical-train-troubles"-excuses that I made up on my way.I begged and pleaded while the clock was ticking away. Finally the clerk was merciful and checked me in while I ran to the gate and happily boarded the aircraft. The plane was full - and with my luck I had 3 screeming kids in the row in front of me: no calm nap, no calm way of reading a book.In the middle of the flight the tubulences reached its height and while clinging onto my seat I thought ironically that if we would crash I will die happily thinking of how determined I was to get on that flight. 4 hours later, with 1 hour delay we landed in horrible weather at Keflavík airport. Midnight but I caught a bus downtown. On the way I rang Gunni, my boss and friend, just to hear that my workplace was sold and the whole team including me was fired...

1 Comments:

At 10:18 pm, Blogger Marina said...

Tja, das sind doch die schönen Momente eines solchen AUsland-Aufenthaltes… Soll ich dir meine Lieblingskatze schicken auf meinem Blog?? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home